The Builders, a chapter of the AGC, a non-profit 501(c)6 trade association, seeks a chief staff executive for the role of President.
Job posting (featured by Kansas City Society of Association Executives)
Full job description below
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Executive Search Advisor,
Elisa Pratt at (571) 216-3973 or email@example.com
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: President, Full-time, Exempt
Location: Kansas City, MO
Compensation: Salary based on experience. Generous benefits package included.
The President of The Builders, a chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America , is the chief executive leader of a non-profit trade association. The Builders teaches skills, advocates, and develops business. The President is visible in the commercial construction industry in Missouri and Kansas. The President is accountable for leading high-performing teams and ensuring they are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results. Accountability is paramount, ensuring the strategic and fiscal integrity of the organization as set by the Board of Directors. The President assesses organizational capacity to maintain and grow operations, directly supervise senior leadership positions and is responsible for inclusiveness and diversity among staff, members, and volunteers.
Managing a staff of approximately 25 people, the President is a servant-leader to about 600 member companies with over 25,000 employees. The position requires outstanding relationship, communication, leadership, and daily operations management skills. The Builders, a chapter of the AGC delivers the following sets of services: safety training, workforce and professional development, construction plans and specifications, marketing, labor relations and government relations. Successful collaborations, often with a wide array of constituents, are essential in this position. The President must have demonstrated ability to listen for and determine needs in the industry. Insight into the delivery of value by The Builders and understanding of differentiation amongst other service providers are key to success in this role.
▪ Brand and reputation Stewarding the brand and protecting and growing the reputation of the AGC and, regionally, The Builders as the premier construction association.
▪ Boards of directors’ interaction Preparing agendas for meetings (The Builders, and separately, the AGC), coordinating with the marketing team for holding meetings. Setting and delivering one-on-one business reviews with The Builders board chair.
▪ Forecasting and innovating a future vision Being curious and performing best-practice benchmarking. Determining qualitive story trends and data projections. Forming a vision of the future.
▪ Relationship development and maintenance Communicating with a wide array of constituents with transparency and persuasiveness is required.
▪ Team talent development Coaching and leading a diverse team of high performers with a wide array of subject matter expertise.
▪ Financial management Overseeing accounting and delivering financial management for a multimillion-dollar budget. Real estate property management encompasses four facilities (Kansas City, North Kansas City training center, Jefferson City and Springfield) with multimillion dollars in fair market value.
▪ Government relations advocacy Providing active leadership to influence legislators, government agencies, and special interest groups.
▪ Trust fund fiduciaries Serving as a trustee and trustee appointment authority. The Builders is a Plan Sponsor for over 25 Taft-Hartley (union contractor employee) benefit funds with over $3B in assets.
▪ Labor Relations Help maintain strong labor relations. Supervise the labor staff lead and support collective bargaining for union contractors. Help identify member issues, facilitate productive relationships with trade crafts, and help communicate periodic updates on association labor contracts.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
▪ Listening: Seeks input and demonstrates compassion.
▪ Future Focused: Builds on the over 130-year history and financial foundation of the organization with a mind and vision for the service model, member, and industry of the future.
▪ Communicating: Possesses strong interpersonal skills and public speaking presence.
▪ Coaching and mentoring: Helps develop staff team members and future industry leaders.
▪ Organizing: Designs the organizational structure. Establishes processes, i.e., new service development.
▪ Setting and managing accountabilities: Consistently aligns staff behavior with core cultural values.
▪ Being flexible and nimble: Evolves The Builders, including in part, knowing when to stop performing some activities and services.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Leadership: Demonstrated leadership and management of a high-performance team for at least 5 years.
▪ Financial management: Oversight of operating budget exceeding $1 million for at least 5 years.
▪ Service management: Experienced in developing and managing commercial services, including increasing engagement and growing net revenue.
▪ Industry knowledge: Familiarity with the construction industry. Knowledge of the local industry is preferred.
▪ Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, and/or construction or related field of study. Postgraduate degree preferred.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This in-person position is based in Kansas City, MO. Up to 25% travel outside the Kansas City metro required.
Commensurate with experience. Outstanding fringe benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a retirement savings program.
Please submit resumes to Elisa Pratt, MA, CAE, CVF, Executive Search Advisor, at email@example.com and note “The Builders President position” in the subject line.
ABOUT THE BUILDERS, A CHAPTER OF THE AGC
The Builders, a chapter of the AGC is a nonprofit commercial construction trade association serving hundreds of member companies that employ over 25,000 people in mid-America. Since 1887, The Builders has advanced the construction industry and served as a catalyst for collaboration by connecting passionate people and businesses. The Builders is an equal-opportunity employer. Visit www.thebuildersagc.com.
Copyright © 2021 Brewer Pratt Solutions LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by passion and unrivaled client service!